About Brent Peak, LPC
Brent Peak is a trauma recovery specialist and the creator of the Embodied Trauma Recovery model. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor who has extensive training and experience in treating all forms of emotional trauma. Brent is the founder of North Valley Therapy Services in Phoenix, Arizona where he utilizes the Embodied Trauma Recovery model to help clients heal from the past, empower their present, and transform their future.
Brent holds a master’s degree in Professional Counseling from Grand Canyon University. Through his experience as a therapist at one of the leading trauma and addiction treatment programs in the world, he had the opportunity to learn directly from some of the leading experts in the field of trauma and addiction treatment.
Brent has received certified training in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), complex PTSD (C-PTSD), personality disorders, and addiction. He has completed the following professional trainings:
- Post Induction Therapy with Pia Mellody
- Relational Life Therapy with Terry Real
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Multi-Channel Eye Movement Integration
- The Neuro-Affective Relational Model (NARM)
- Experiential Therapy at Onsite Workshops
- Complicated Pain Recovery with Dr. Jerry Lerner
- Sex addiction treatment (CSAT) with Patrick Carnes, Alexandra Katehakis, and Kenneth Adams
Brent’s work is also influenced by additional training in…
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Somatic Experiencing with Peter Levine
- Somatic Abolitionism with Resmaa Menakem
- Psychodrama Therapy with Tian Dayton
- Addiction treatment with Dr. Kevin McCauley
Brent has partnered with Pia Mellody, author of Facing Codependence, in providing trauma therapy to inpatient therapy groups, and he has received her personal endorsement for his work in Post Induction Therapy. She said of him: “I found Brent to be quite skilled at helping patients in developing insight into their issues and moving them into solutions. I have deep respect for his clinical skill,” and “Brent is a really good therapist and a joy to work with.”
Brent’s personal journey of healing from childhood trauma has deeply informed his approach to helping others. Brent’s passion for helping others heal from trauma is evident in his dedication to his work and his ongoing commitment to learning and growth.
Brent lives in Phoenix, Arizona with his family, where he enjoys hiking in the beautiful mountains of the Sonoran Desert and travelling to amazing sights all over Arizona.
Pia Mellody and Brent Peak